Today I also created this voki, these are really fun ICT's to work with, they are free and really easy to create. I have made a simple one above, but they can be used for many different things. You can record your own voice and add to one of these little guys, mine being a talking hot dog. Or you can simply write text and it will say what has been written, like I have done with my hot dog above. Voki's come in many different characters, voice tones. These web tools can be used very effectively in the classroom to grab learners attention, and then they listen what the voki has to say. Children will find vokis very fun and amusing.
Please follow my blog by listening to my hot dog voki talk.
Good day blogger
Tom, I agree that Vokis are a great engaging tool. Do you think that students could also use them to demonstrate their understanding of something?
ReplyDeleteYes Jacqui, vokis could be used for demonstrating correct writing and punctuation to speech.
ReplyDeleteFor example writing on the voki straight forward, no punctuation, will make the voki talk fast and is hard to understand.
This is one example I could think of, I'm sure there are many others. Do you have any other examples?
Thanks