Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My new Weebly webpage

Today, I have created a 'Weebly'. A Weebly is a free webpage that offers many possibilities for different uses.
One thing I have found great about using weebly is the process of creating your page is very simple and straightforward. It is all set out ready to go, I have embedded images from my own computer, and an interesting thing I have found is that you can edit your pictures once they have been uploaded. So if you want to keep your main image file saved as is, you can still edit and change colours, crop, resize etc inside the weebly.
I have created my weebly into a photographic folio type of format. Weebly's are so fun to play around with and it is awesome having your own webpage, it really is about the closest thing to a website without having to pay hundreds of dollars.
There are some elements of weebly where it will ask you to pay a annual fee, but this is for Weebly pro, on weebly pro features on the website are widened, such as uploading your own videos from your computer without going through a video sharing website like youtube or vimeo.
Weebly's can be used in the classroom making sure there is no explicit material that children cannot access (Monitored and created by the teacher). They would be great to use with assignments and mini projects because all the information needed for that specific assignment can be there on the weebly page, easily accessible. A child would also be able to create their own weebly to even perhaps use as their assignment. Weebly's are a fun easy webtool to use, and are great for sharing information and to gain information from. A great teaching and learning tool provided on the internet.

This is my weebly that I have created today.

No comments:

Post a Comment