In E-Learning we have been learning about TPACK and what it means
Pedagogical (How and what of teaching)
Content Knowledge (Subject, discipline, knowledge)
My own understanding of TPACK, is that digital technologies are a vital part in the process of learning and teaching. For children to learn to incorporate ICT's into their learning, We as future teachers must be able to teach efficient strategies so that the students we teach can learn using these ICT's. I thought my competence in ICT's and network tools before commencing university were up to date, Ialso thought I was quite knowledgeable in this area. Boy was I wrong, I feel as if i've been dropped into a whole new world of technologies. There are literally thousands of web tools I have come across, that I had never seen before in my life. It is very crazy out there in the world wide web. TPACK is knowing these tools, how to use them, how to incorporate them into everyday teaching and learning for myself and my students.
Example: A Word Cloud (Not my own) I will create a wordcloud tonight to demonstrate the use of such ICT's

No comments:
Post a Comment